So, this is a project I’ve wanted to make for about 4 years. My goal was to finish Splatternauts to brush up on my online networking skills, and then move on to this. I lost interest in Splatternauts, for now, and working on it was no longer fun. I still felt like I needed to finish it before moving on to this project so I didn’t touch GameMaker for nearly a year. What did I learn? Ambition is a great thing, but too much of it can kill your projects and your motivation in the long run.
Needless to say after a very long break, I’m back at it. I’ve begun work on a 2d rogue-like multiplayer survival game.
I’m working on all the basics first, and once it’s good to go I’ll be adding in more complex features.
I’ve purchased an amazing RPG Rogue-Like Graphic Pack that you can check out with that link. And this is what I’ll be using to get started with.
The project name is “Warden Online”, though I’m sure I’ll think of something better. Here’s the description and main features!
Warden Online is a 2d online multiplayer survival game. Featuring rogue-like graphics, the land of Tenorais is a harsh and unforgiving place. You shape your own path in this world. How long will you survive in this land of foreigners and strangers? Who will you trust? Build a base, grow in ability and strength as you progress, learn ancient spells from scrolls you found in runes and craft tools and weapons nessicary for your survival.
– Base Building. Claim land as your own, and build a place to call home and store your treasures.
– Weekly content updates. We have weekly updates and patches that will always keep you coming back for more!
– Magic System. Magic is learnt through finding rare ancient scrolls throughout the game-world. Though rare, Magic is extremely powerful.
– Needs System. Not only does your character need to eat, drink and relieve themselves, they also need social interaction to help skill progression and sleep.
– Crafting. Extensive crafting system! Weapons, Armor, Tools, Magic Runes, Household Items, Traps, Etc…
– Progression. There are many different skills and abilities that will level up over time.
– Dreams. One of your characters needs is sleep. While your character is asleep you will enter into a “dream”, which is a sandbox version of the game to practise base building and combat!
– Depth, in a fun way. There are small details and little featuresaround every corner to make you smile!
Wish me luck!